For a Quick Reference

Friday, March 5, 2010

Nathan's poetry

 Nathan has been gifting me with poetry lately. I absolutely love poetry, and these have been dear to me. I have always admired Nathan's innate gift with writing. He is so eloquent that it makes my heart melt.  I wanted to post a few poems here, over time. This is the latest work:




Priorities

Jump up, move, ascend in haste.
The work exceeds the day.
Awake, arise, hear, breathe, feel, taste,
Morn pulls its urgent way.

The sailors pause; their lines go slack,
The Captain shouts to stop their ear,
The siren's lyric lures them back,
The wrecking rocks loom near.

Fight, soldier muscles. Fight!
Forbid this war end here.
We've slept already through the night,
Will we sleep on through the year?

An argument, my mind to sway-
An angel by my side.
Her sleep-flushed cheek a rose bouquet.
My temptress and my bride.

An ivory arm embraces 'round,
Her head rests on my chest.
Her breath, that soft, endearing sound,
Calls me back to rest.

The army settles into bed,
The general sinks down deep.
I compromise, recline my head,
Again I fall asleep.

Enjoy the morn; Think not of the cost,
Sweet seconds to be tasted.
Was ever a battle more happily lost
Or an hour so well wasted?

2 comments:

Nathan Kingsley said...

What kind of weirdo sleeps in and then writes a poem about it?

5boystokiss said...

Great job Nathan- Love it!