For a Quick Reference

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Matthew's first journal entry



I wanted to start keeping journals for our children better. However futile the attempt may end up being, at least it's a start. My goal is to sit with each child once a week and record whatever they dictate. I think it's interesting to see what is important to them; it's also interesting to observe what they remember as the high points in their week. Here is Matt's first entry:

It's a good week. I'm five when I wrote this journal. I like being a kid because it's fun. I like playing with my brother and sister. I'm very good and I'm proud of myself. I like saving money. I'm saving up for a rock tumbler because I really want to make my own rock collection. I liked meeting my new teacher at school this week. I liked going swimming too. My favorite thing is my mom because she's nice to me and makes food for me. My favorite toy is a little plastic red man wearing a helmet. He's lost now.

No comments: