For a Quick Reference

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sarah's first ballet





We went on a home school field trip to the Nutcracker Ballet performed by Ballet Austin. It was such a fun experience to share! The boys were too young to be admitted, so they spent the day with friends in the country and I took our friends' two daughters with us.

I love the ballet and it's my personal favorite way to spend a date night. Unfortunately, it's out of my regular budgeting range for dates, so we do it only once a year or so. This trip was specifically for schools and home schoolers, so tickets for children were only $4 and mine was half-price. What a treat!

The performance was astounding and I always feel an intense thrill and exhilaration when I watch ballet dancers and feel the beauty of the classical music swell around me. It's such a high for me and I get emotionally involved in the performance every time. It was a priceless experience to watch Sarah's face as the performance progressed. She was giddy and smiling huge grins in delight. She'd glance at me sideways frequently and smile, just happy to share the moment. Her favorite part of the ballet was the end, where Clara wakes up in bed and finds the nutcracker there on her pillow.

I always feel such amazement at the ballet. It's incredible that the human body can create such beautiful art...it always makes me so in awe of the creation a human body is. I feel increased gratitude for my own body, and I'm very humbled at the thought that Heavenly Father would grant me my very own body. It's such an intricate creation and so beautiful.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Renae that is so awesome! Especially that you got such a great deal at getting in! I'm glad that you got to do that with Sarah, I bet she loved it!

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you? I was looking through your blog and I like it, so I have one also and would like it if you came by with us and became our friends....


take care see you soon... :)