For a Quick Reference

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Spring glimpses

Oh too many things have been falling under my radar this year! Some things from our spring that I don't want to forget:

The boys had their first orchestra concert at school. They were so excited, and it's been fun hearing them learn new things this year. It was a worthwhile experiment, but I think they're ready to explore something slightly different this year. 


Before the concert we caught a group shot of Matthew's perfectly-normal friends. 


One of my dear friends, Elizabeth Loderup, was dealing with brain cancer. Her husband planned a surprise party before she left for radiation treatments in Arizona. What a tender, loving night it was! Her house was filled to overflowing with good friends from church, work, and the neighborhood. My heart was filled as I watched two friends sing traditional Irish farewell songs to her. (One of the singers was Sarah's history teacher from school- she positively worshiped Mr. Lyon!) It was so wonderful to see Elizabeth surrounded with love so thoroughly- she is the type of woman who is a friend to everyone and just radiates happiness every day. 


Joseph has loved attending preschool at the local Baptist church this year. His teacher, Ms. Yodi, was such a treasure! She was a perfect Abuelita- so loving and so passionate about her job. He adored her. She was always so patient and encouraging with the children. We'll definitely miss her! 


Here are some rare glimpses of my art studio this spring. My Mixed Media class was such a delight to teach! I'll really miss these sweet girls!




I have several projects stewing in my mind, just waiting for some down time when I can create again. This year has been far too busy to allow me creative time for my own projects, but I look forward to setting up my studio again in Utah and jumping into art with a passion. 

No comments: