For a Quick Reference

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Joyous Proclamation

We're expanding our house by two more feet! I'm pregnant!

We have been praying for a long time for this blessing, and we are really excited to welcome a new little child into our home. The Lord told me a long time ago that there was another child meant for us. There have been several spiritual experiences when He has shared knowledge of this precious soul, and I feel like we know this child already. I feel really strongly like the birth will be a long-awaited reunion rather than an introduction.

Here is the story of how we found out about the pregnancy-

I had been experiencing health problems and pain everyday for months. I had been going to the doctor several times to try to diagnose what the problem is. After several tests, we narrowed it down to a select few conditions, but each of those can only be diagnosed through exploratory surgery. I went to my pre-op appointment with the doctor, and that was the day we discovered I'm pregnant. It was quite a surprise to both of us, and made surgery impossible.

Since we aren't sure what problem I have been experiencing, we are also not sure how it will affect the pregnancy. I do not know what the future holds for me- miscarriage? bed rest? preterm labor? Who knows. The due date is July 4th, 2011. 

I do feel peace over the situation. Whatever happens to me, I know that I will gain experience and grow spiritually.

Nathan and I are cautiously optimistic about the situation, and whatever trials come will only serve to draw us closer and add more pages to our life library of adventures.

Nathan is so excited; ecstatic really. He really loves babies. Every time we have guests that bring a baby, he just wants to hold the baby the entire time, and he's sad to watch it leave at the end of the night. I've been SO BLESSED with this wonderful man. He's been doing all the cooking and all the cleaning while I stay in bed. I laid on the couch and watched him bake crepes for Sarah's birthday breakfast (while dressed in his Sunday suit), clean the kitchen, dress the children, take them all to church, return home in time to make them lunch, clean up afterwards, bake 3 birthday cakes, cook up a storm of gourmet food for the local missionaries, feed the children and guests, bundle the children into bed, and stay up late cleaning the kitchen again...all the while he was blowing me kisses and brewing ginger tea for me and lovingly fetching me anything I could think of to calm my stomach. All in one day. Everyday has been like this. I'm only worried he'll burn out before the sickness ends.

I can't tell him enough how thankful I am for his cheerful work. Last night I was crying and feeling overwhelmed and so sick. I mentioned that I'd like a citrus Popsicle. He dashed out the door and ran to the store, bringing me back a orange Popsicle and medicine. It was almost midnight. What would I do without him?

10 comments:

Janelle said...

CONGRATS!!!! I was wondering with you mentioning how sick you had been if you were pregnant but I think that is just cause that is what I was experiencing so I project onto everyone. Hopefully everything will work itself out and by the time you are done with your first trimester everything will be all better. I am patiently waiting for the end of mine I only have a week left and am really hoping the sickness ends then!!!

G said...

Congratulations Kingsley Family!!!

Shelly said...

I knew it!!!! Congratulations!!

Alison K. said...

Congrats!!! Hope you feel better soon! I was sick through my entire pregnancy with my 4th but i am sure you wont be :)

MAH said...

Congrats. That is so exciting. I hope that you get over the sickness soon, and that everything goes well. Congrats again!

DeDe Kellicker said...

I was just thinking about you yesterday and a conversation we'd had a few years back at MOPS. One in which you had shared about a vivid dream about you and a baby... but you weren't sure if it meant you were to have another one as you were headed back to school and life was a bit hectic. All in God's perfect plan and His timing, my friend!! Congratulations and many blessings for your family!

Karina said...

Amazing news. So exciting. You are one lucky woman, judging by the way Nathan is taking care of you :)

Karina said...

Awesome news. Way to go! haha. Is Nathan a dream? Seriously? You are lucky!

Craig said...

Congrats! So excited for you and praying that everything will go well! Sending love your way!
-Mindy Boulton

Erica said...

Congratulations!
And prayers for a healthy pregnancy.