For a Quick Reference

Monday, June 10, 2013

Puzzling Eyes


Last weekend we had a delightful visit from Grandpa Kingsley. We just love this man! This was the only picture I caught with him, which is such a pity. He loves to do puzzles, so Sarah was eager to spend some quiet time chatting and working together for a couple hours.  

Grandpa Kingsley (affectionately known as "Daddy Warbucks") is a wonderfully inspiring person to be around, and we cherish time with him! He's so caring and so wise. I admire him so much!

We spent a delightful Friday night taking Dad out to our local restaurant, Dahlia's. It's a gem of a place hidden in our tiny town, but the food is incredible. I was surprised to learn that people drive all the way from Austin just to eat dinner here. It's a charming place, and we love to take guests there. Sarah was gracious enough to babysit the Littles, so the adults enjoyed a quiet evening together with great food. 

Saturday morning we enjoyed spending time together talking about politics and the military (I find these conversations so fascinating! Dad is a top official on the Air Force Base and always has such passionate conversation about the issues our country or military are facing. I could listen raptly for hours...and I do. I never can quite wrap my head around his job though, it's bigger than I can fully appreciate.)

Then some friends treated our kids to free tickets at Jump Street for several hours. 

For dinner we headed to the Ward BBQ at the church. Some brethren in our ward spent the previous night smoking hundreds of pounds of beef and chicken to serve at the BBQ. The aromas filling the church halls were ah-may-zing!  The great food and great fellowship fellowship fed us body and soul. 

We really loved having Dad here and will cherish the memories that were created. 

Oh, something else before I forget. A dear friend gave me some silly glasses that she found. She thought they'd make a great prop for my magic show! (Now I get to figure out an act to use them. Wouldn't it be so funny to hand these to a big strong guy to wear onstage?)

Diego really loved these and would laugh and laugh each time he put them on. His innocent laughter was so contagious, especially with those gorgeous eyes looking at me. 

We had a great afternoon, giggling together and enjoying the moment. 


No comments: